The best way to get started is to enroll in the free Transcription Foundations mini-course from Transcribe Anywhere
- Most transcription jobs come with a lot of flexibility in terms of scheduling.
- There is a lot of work available, and many sites where you can sign up.
- Some transcription websites dont pay very well, but there are better-paying transcription jobs available.
8. Write eBooks
Earlier, we looked at the possibilities for side hustling as a blogger or freelance writer. Another way to make money from your writing skills is to write and sell an eBook, or multiple eBooks.
If you go this route, plan to write multiple books and make it a continual project
Amazons Kindle Direct Publishing platform makes it easier than ever to sell your own eBook or paperback book. You can write a novel, non-fiction, how-to, or any other type of book that you want. There are thousands of people making great money with this approach, and its an ideal weekend side hustle.
While it will take you some time to write your first book/eBook (you wont start making money immediately), this approach offers the potential for passive income as your book continues to generate sales and profit for months or years to come.
The most successful writers who sell on Amazon have published several eBooks. Your first one might do well, but eventually, the sales will decline.
- Excellent income potential thanks to Amazons massive reach.
- Write any type of book on any topic that interests you.
- Write and publish multiple books for the best earning potential.
- Earn income passively as your books continue to sell.
The process of writing and selling an eBook can be surprisingly simple. Once you have the book written, you can hire someone inexpensively to format it and get it ready for Amazon. You can see more details in How to Write an Ebook and Sell it on Amazon in 5 Easy Steps.
Selling on eBay has been a popular side hustle for years, but there is still plenty of potential to make money, and its the perfect fit for your weekend schedule. You could use your weekends to shop at yard sales, thrift stores, estate sales, and flea markets to find underpriced items that you can sell for a profit on eBay.
Although you can do your scouting and product sourcing on the weekends, youll still need to be able to do things like ship items and respond to customer service emails during the week. If you have boxes, tape, labels, and other shipping materials ready, it will only take a minimal amount of time to pack up the items as they sell.
- Its fairly easy to find things that you can resell for a profit, but some of your listings may sit for a while before someone buys.
- Youll need to constantly find new products to buy and sell, and youll need some space to store the items until they sell.
- You will need to do a little bit of work during the week, like packing and shipping items that sell.
While there are all kinds of different products you can buy and resell on eBay, its usually best if you start with something that you know pretty well. It could be fashion, antiques, sports collectibles, video games, or anything else, but its helpful to start with something you know. That way youll have a better idea of the true value of the items youre buying. Head out to some yard sales and thrift stores to look for items that may be undervalued. Then, take photos and list them on eBay. (Tip: Craiglist might also be a good place to sell)